Monday, April 11, 2011

Music and Harmony


Hey there Familia!

This week was one of the ones that make the other weeks shine so much brighter :D meaning that it was a little bit flojo in comparison to how well we have been doing recently.  Despite the difficulties, however, there are some great families that we've found and our goal now is to bring a complete family, mom, dad, and kids, into the gospel.  There's somebody giving an English class in another room in this library that speaks very loudly.  President Hale is doing much better.  He had the surgery on thursday, and it turned out to be much less complicated than they thought.  Initially they were going to have to remove a tumor embedded in the nerves, but it turned out being on the side, which made it much simpler.  It could be that the tumor never was embedded in the nerves in the first place, but I like to think of it more as a direct result of a tremendous display of the faith of South Florida.  He'll be back soon and be able to finish out the last few months of his mission here.  In other news, I made lemon bars and brought them to zone council this week.  They were pretty popular, though I still can't figure out what I need to use on the pan to keep the crust from sticking.  Butter failed miserably.  We're also singing in lessons as much as we can, and I get to use my harmonica to play hymns as often as occasion would permit.  Music is great, and always brings the spirit.  I'm going to try to borrow a violin from a member here to see if I can play in sacrament meeting.  Nobody in Hialeah had enough to afford a violin, but I could see some of the English speakers in this ward having one.  Somebody told me why I haven't seen any orange trees in Miami.  Apparently there was a big scare a few years ago about some disease or something and all the trees in the city had to be taken out.  So there actually aren't any citrus trees that I've seen here, which makes me sad.  Oh well, I'm still in the same state as Tropicana, so I win.  Well, that's about it, everything is still going well, not much news to report.  Live long and prosper!

Elder Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment