Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Columbus Day


Dear Family,

Today is Columbus Day so the libraries are closed.  Normally that would mean preparation day would be moved to tomorrow, but that would be too convenient, so for reasons unexplained, we're all taking turns using the one computer with internet at the church.  I know that God loveth his children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.  This is just one of those things.

I'm still a Zone Leader, I'm just in a different zone now.  By the way Dad, I could use a list of your areas in the Dominican Republic.  There are a lot of dominicans here and several of them say they talked to the missionaries back in the mid 1980's in their country.  I had heard about Steve Jobs and the Diamondbacks.  Most of the conversations about baseball are in spanish and the ones about apple products are in english.   Cubans just call the sport "pelota" or ball, while other spanish speakers call it "beisbol."

In response to whether or not I get enough sleep...there are some new training DVDs that are being used in which missionaries were filmed in real teaching scenarios.  In it, Elder Moreno made this comment.  "I don't get why I'm so happy.  It's kind of weird to me...'cause I'm tired all the time..."  I think I could say the same thing.  Every night I collapse from delightful exhaustion and sleep very deeply until the next morning.  I'm used to it, but I wouldn't do it for anything less rewarding than the gospel.

I've gotten a couple of letters from members of the ward that I don't know.  One was a counselor in the Deacon's quorum presidency.  Another was Jaylee Corral, who is a girl in the primary, I'm guessing between 5 and 7 years old.  I wrote both of them back, but if you could also tell them how much I appreciate it, I would appreciate it.

I haven't gotten the pictures.  I'm not really sure what's going on there.  Things usually don't take more than a full week to get here.  3 or 4 days usually does it.  I also pre-ordered general conference on cd but those aren't even available yet so they'll probably take a few weeks.

Yay, way to be good church members and invite your friends over!  You might consider having them review your profile on mormon.org and give you feedback from a non-member of the church point of view.  I'll be starting to make a profile this week as well.  Yay!  Here are some pictures.

Love,

Elder Fine






No comments:

Post a Comment