Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Loving It

Hey Familia,

Sounds like you've been pretty busy! I'm fully settled into the routine now and time just seems to go by so fast here, four weeks already! It seems like I got here yesterday. On sunday I was assigned to be the district leader for my district. In the MTC that means get mail and interview people once a week, and a couple extra meetings. Not too difficult. I guess the only thing that I might worry about is being the best example I can to the other missionaries. I'm finally understanding what "teach with the spirit" actually means. Yesterday Elder Moss and I taught Lesson 2 (the plan of salvation) to another missionary in our district, as himself, not pretending to be an investigator or anything. Because of a series of circumstances, we had no time to prepare our lesson. Nevertheless, as we involved the other missionary and taught him according to his needs and understanding, the spirit lead us in the best lesson we have yet taught. I actually learned something I didn't know and taught it in the same sentence. How does that work? No se. Anyway, spanish is coming along quite nicely, all the reflexives and subjunctives that don't exist in english are loads of fun. Dad, I don't think I'll have time today to write a spanish letter for you, but maybe. If not, thank you so much for answering my questions. Very Bednar-esque "Quit worrying about it." Sorry this letter is short because I had a few emails to read this week. One from the TRC investigator I told you about. This is very poorly organized writing. Anyway, take good decisions, have luck, make your prayers. God wants that you are happy. Speaking English in spanish is fun. It makes 4 weeks that I am in the center for training missionaries, and I love it.

Love,

Elder Brandon "The Power Convertor" Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment