Thursday, November 25, 2010

"The Storm of the Decade"

Hello buenos padres y amados hermanos mios,

I haven't sent the pictures yet, so sorry, I don't mean to complain, but p-day is kind of stressful here and I've fallen behind on letter writing and picture sending and similar endeavors.  Today isn't even p-day, we just get to email today -  they changed this week to be p-day also so that we could participate in turkey bowls if we have the opportunity and too much proselyting time wouldn't be lost.  We might not have a whole lot of time to do P-day things because, as I mentioned, tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I'll do my best to write a few letters though.  Weather Report:  today:  continuation of "the storm of the decade" (I think they just say that so people will watch the news), snow, a high of 17 and a low of 3.  Public advisory is to stay indoors so that when the missionaries come, you're guaranteed to be there.  If you speak spanish, you're more than likely to let them in.  My clothes are keeping me warm, with the occasional exception of the featherweight suit pants.  I have a scarf now too, which is quite helpful.  We can't exactly be on bikes in this weather, but we'll continue working even if it does mean we have to walk.  Our message is that important.  Oh, yes I got the birthday card from Grandma W. and a letter from dad.  Thanks very much!  Grandma is always so punctual with birthday cards.  I still don't have any information on my visa.  As soon as I get it, I will have an interview at the consulate and leave within seven days.  I will not leave the country without first telling you, so don't worry.  I did hear that a visa waiter in another zone left already, so there is some progress.  I think there are almost 20 missionaries in this mission waiting for their visas.  I'm glad to hear that the youth is focusing on gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  That is the root concern of any problem that anyone has with the church.  If the Book of Mormon is true, then, as the introduction says, Christ is the Savior, Joseph Smith is his prophet, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God.  So many people want to argue about whether or not Lamoni really had horses.  I don't care, I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and because I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, I know that Lamoni had horses.  I also know that Lamoni's horses aren't going to save me in the kingdom of heaven, so I don't worry about it.  Anyway, the church is true.  Well, I'ma try to get some work done.  I love you all.  Have a wonderful day!

Con Carino,

Elder Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment