Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Exercising Faith

Last week was super hot.  This week has been way nicer because the wind has picked up and we've had a breeze going.  Also, I find it ironic that the okc thunder came to Miami this week, since it has been pretty thunderous in Miami and the surrounding regions.  I don't know if you've ever been in a rainstorm so bad that you had to pull off of the road because it was raining so hard you couldn't see the other side of the windshield wipers.  It's kind of neat if you're in a car.  The ones that catch you on your bike aren't as pleasant, and they stop and start without much warning. Anyway, we happened to catch a few seconds of the game last night.  I don't know who won, but of course I'm cheering tfor the Heat!

Dad, you asked about trials and overcoming them.  I would say that something I've learned well, especially in Key West, is the principle of "fake it 'til you make it."  Feeling down?  fake like you're happy until you get over it.  Discouraged?  keep working until you get your excitement back.  Disagree with the direction from the leaders?  Obey it until you understand.  Having trouble living the rules?  Live them until it's easy for you.  Jesus Christ taught the same principle when he said, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it is of God, or whether I speak of myself"  Don't have a testimony?  Live the gospel until you get one.  Want to know if the word of wisdom is really a commandment?  Live it.  Because in reality, you're not faking it at all, you are exercisig faith in a principle and acting on it, knowing that after the trial of your faith, you will receive the blessing.  Just Go and Do and you'll get through it.  Be Happy.  It really gets on satan's nerves.

My ankle is good, I played basketball last week and I'll play again today.  It's still a different color than the other foot just from the healing bruises, It's not
quite where it was, but it's a lot better.  Just a little sore now and then or if I trip over something.  going down stairs is still a lopsided task
even though it's getting better.  Level ground and going up stairs are just fine though.

You're awesome,

Elder Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment