Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quite the Transfer


For those of you who have not heard, this past weekend, Brandon’s mission call was changed and he is now serving in the Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Spanish speaking mission.  He arrived there yesterday evening.  One of his medications is not available in the county of Mexico.  So now he is back in the USA.  He has a good attitude about it, which is nice.  We were able to speak with him on the phone both in Mexico before he left, and after he arrived in Florida.  His new mission president called us on Saturday and was very nice.  He lived in Mesa for 25 years (President Hale – I don’t know his first name yet) and assured me that Brandon WILL be speaking Spanish.  Brandon needs to get a bike there, but otherwise is good to go.

Here is his first letter from Florida.

Thanks,
Candice

hi, you're right, I've got lots to do right now.  First thing to take care of is this:

Elder Brandon Kevin Fine
Florida Ft Lauderdale Mission
7951 SW 6th Street, Suite 110
Fort Lauderdale FL 33324

Letters and packages go there, if you send a package, use USPS because then they can forward it to me wherever I am and I don't have to wait for the next opportunity to get it from the office.

I'm doing great, Florida is flat and green and southern, and I'm excited to get to know it.  Maybe the church offices did make a mistake, but I am a firm believer that God does not play dice with the universe.  I made my mark in Salt Lake and in Mexico, baptized in both places, and have learned and experienced a lot that has helped me personally that I don't think I would have in just one mission anywhere.  Good stuff.  Anyway, I have my meds, all is well.  Love you, and I will email again on Monday (normal p-day when it's not MLK day).  I'll be with the Assistants until Thursday and then I'll be in a threesome in West Palm (the most northern area) until the end of the transfer (Feb 9).

Con Carino (darned english keyboard)

Elder Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment