Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Visa, but he's still everywhere he wants to be

Familia,

1) No
2) No
3) I do not yet know where or when, but I will almost certainly be reassigned.
4) Yes I did, and I love them.  I wonder why I didn't bring any of the amazingly gorgeous ties that I have the first time.

That's exciting to hear about your VT comp.  Even in the MTC I've had the opportunity to watch real people come unto Christ, and it is a beautiful experience.  If you remember the TRC volunteer I told you about that turnted out to be a real Catholic.  She wanted to be baptised, but wanted to put it off for a couple years because she was nervous about telling her parents and stuff like that.  Anyway, I haven't had much chance to talk to her, but I got her an English Book of Mormon and had her read 2 Ne. 31 (best chapter ever for showing people who have felt the spirit the need to act on it).  She emailed me today saying that she has been working with some friends and decided to be baptized on her birthday in January.  It's still a little far away, but I have faith that she will follow through with it, and since I'll be in Mexico, I won't really have much influence, so i'm glad her friends and neighbors are working with her. 

Still Alice:  I've heard of that book, but I didn't know what it was about...sounds interesting. 

I sang last week with a 4 other Elders in Sacrament Meeting "Conmigo Quedate Senor" (Abide with me, 'tis eventide) and I played the piano in Sacrament Meeting as well.  President Clegg (counselor in MTC presidency) and President Brown (counselor in District B presidency) were both there.  The week before that, i translated the testimonies into English for President Breinholt (other counselor in MTC presidency).  So we've had a lot of MTC higher ups visiting our branch lately substituting in for our own presidency which have been sick and on vacation a lot.  I'm so glad to hear about everything.  You should be getting some hand-written letters on fancy paper soon.  We've started using classtime exclusively for teaching lessons, lots of lessons.  It's great practice and I'm feeling comfortable teaching and explaining things.  Also, we're speaking spanish this week, and Elder Moss and I have both made a personal goal to not say a single English word tomorrow. 

I'm gonna get a haircut today, because we're supposed to get one the week we leave and that is supposed to be this week, but it will likely not be.  I ran into my old roommate Jeremy Cooper at the temple last week.  He served his mission in Chihuahua.  Anyway, he's engaged!  How about that!  I also saw a couple friends from my BYU ward across the street as I walked up to the temple on Sunday.  It was fun.  Oh, I forgot to mention last week that Elder Stephen Hancock is in my zone and his companion went to your high school, Parkway West, in St. Louis.  Anyway, the MTC is great and all, but I'm ready to get out of here and start Dan Jones-ing it up in Mexico, or wherever.

Much love,

Elder Brandon Fine


 
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Kevin Fine <kevinfine@cox.net> wrote:
Hi Son,

The most important questions I have for you are

1)   Did your Visa come through?
2)   Are your going to Mexico City on Sunday?
3)   If not Mexico City, where are you going and when are you leaving?
4)   Did you get the ties we mailed to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment