Sunday, April 8, 2012

Training Day

Happy April Fools Day to you as well,

I didn't have any jokes either, but I did love conference.  We made mission history this month with 106 baptisms.  It took a lot of fasting, prayer, diligence, obedience, and opposition, but we did it, and we'll do it again.

Transfers are tomorrow.  I am staying in Key West and I will be training a new missionary.  I don't know if I told you this, but Key West used to be an area that missionaries dreaded being sent to.  In the last few months, mostly due to Elder Brough's awesomeness, it has become one of the most successful areas of the mission.  I love it here.  It's not a normal town.  It's very different, but it's great.  I'm very excited to train.  I was nervous but then I watched general conference.  This is going to be my favorite transfer.  I learned that I should say that at the beginning of every transfer.

My favorite talks were probably Elder Hallstrom, uniting the gospel with the church, and President Uchtdorf "stop it."

Many of the problems in the church and in the world could be easily and simply solved if people would apply the principles in those two talks.

Pictures:  The end of the road.  The Key West Cemetary "dead end" and me hiding from my companion
Here I go!

Life is great.

Love,

Elder Fine



No comments:

Post a Comment